The Hammerback Happenings

I am going to try this blogging thing again and see if I can keep up--I update monthly with photos and happenings--blogging is my way of scrapbooking and keeping up with all the pictures. Click on archive list of titles to view older posts as they all don't show on the main page, and set as a favorite too!!







Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sleep System

We are trying a new sleep system and this entry is going to be where I will journal each night. So if you are reading this, you may want to skip to the older posts as it may not be that interesting...

This is definitely one of the hardest things I have ever done...The system is that you let them cry until they decide to get out of bed.  When they do, you carry them back in, saying nothing at all, no emotion, like a robot.  This is the hardest part.  You continue to do this as many times as it takes until they stay in their bed and eventually fall asleep. 

Night 1-Slept through the night in new bed!!!????  This is a piece of cake!!
Earned Sticker on chart and Diego DVD

Night 2-Slept through the night--This is going to be easier than we thought!!
Earned sticker and swimming at the YMCA

Night 3-Slept until 5:30-I went in there and slept until 7:30 with her (This is breaking the rules)
She didn't earn a sticker and neither did mom--but we had a wedding that we both needed to be rested for

Night 4-Slept at Grandma's due to the Wedding

Night 5-13 we were in Michigan at the cabin so she slept with me
start system again when we get home

Night 14-Got up 3 times tried to put her back but decided to just sleep with her because it was keeping Justin awake and he had to work the next day--told him to sleep in basement for tomorrow night.

Night 15-Determined to try the system I got up and put her back down 6 times within 45 minutes.  This doesn't seem like a lot but it was the worst!!  I ended up being the one not sleeping after it was said and done.  I felt horrible when she was completely shaking and grasping my neck saying things like, Mommy tickle my back, Mommy sleep here, don't go!!  Or saying, "bow-bow" pointing to rock in chair, then it was just calling for anyone since Mommy didn't work, "Daddy" "Grandma" and "Wylee"  There is a thought maybe he can sleep with her??

The worst was having to act like a robot and not say anything to comfort.  No night entertainment as they say...After she finally feel asleep after the 6 time bringing her back, I tossed and turned shedding a few tears thinking about it and how I am going to get through it but asking myself, Did it really work???I took a Tylenol PM and finally feel asleep after 3--Tired today.  We will see what tonight brings.

Night 16-  After telling Justin about my night he said that he would sleep in our bed and help even though he works the next day-I didn't argue...
Well, she woke up once and he went to put her down and not another peep out of her until morning!!  What the heck????

Night 17-  Heard her crying out for Mommy at 2:30--we let her cry thinking she would get out of her bed.  She cried Mommy for about 20 minutes which of course is a lifetime in the middle of the night, but then fell asleep until 7:30 this morning.  She earned a sticker on her chart (this is the 3rd one) and a play date with the Eaton Girls and Norah.  Amy, Shana and I are taking them to the YMCA. 

???My question is how do I know she is not sick or hurt when she is crying if I am not supposed to go in there???

Night 18-Only up once and Justin brought her right back in without saying anything and she went right back---we will count this as slept through the night!!!

Night 19-Didn't sleep through the night but we cheated too as we just let her crawl in too tired to bring her back--:(

Night 20-Up at11:30 saying owie because of a toenail.  Up at 3 and Justin brought her back again.  Came in to our room at 5:30 and I let her crawl in for a few hours.

Night 21- Up twice and walked to our room-Justin got up before she got to our door and took her back and both times she went right back down, but no sticker or reward...maybe tonight. 

She talks about it all the time which makes me think she knows...she says, "no sticker, no swimming..." as that has been her reward in the past.

Night 22-slept through the night!!!!!  Yippee!!  All feeling good today!!

Night 23-Up twice-Justin brought her back (he has had the best luck)  then up really early like 5 am and I went in to lay with her until 7

Night 24-Up 3 times-Justin brought her back--we were both so tired when she woke up the 4th time I just went in to sleep with her the rest of the night---uggggg!!

Night 25-Up twice I brought her back once -went down.  Then brought her back again too tired so just slept with her...again...

Night 26-Up once and came in to my room and in the pitch black of night said in a cheery voice, "Hi Mommy!!"  brought her back in, layed her down, and not another peep out of her until morning.

Night 27-Up once and Justin went in and layed down with her and snuck out.  Up again, Way toooo early, 5:30, so I brought her back and layed with her until 7:30 to get a few more winks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment